View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 06:46 AM   #4
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
I think the point you're missing is that the reason you and the others were flamed is because you demonstrated such bad manners. These discussion forums are for all of us, and by spamming and posting completely off-topic posts, you're ruining them for everyone. You were asked politely, but just ignored the requests. You were then flamed, but you're still not showing any manners. And no, I don't think you're "evil", just a kid who wants some attention - the trouble is, you're doing so at the expense of all the other posters, and that's very inconsiderate. Myself and the other moderators are trying to improve the signal/noise ratio of these forums, but you're really not making it easy for us. Please try to remember that these forums are not your private playground - they are a place for hundreds of mudders to meet and talk about muds.

In response to Grey, I'd like to point out that Seth didn't get banned for his spam, or his off-topic posts. He didn't get banned for repeatedly badmouthing the site, the moderators and the other posters. He didn't get banned for his flames or insults. He was banned for continuing to make racist remarks even after being warned. You say that Seth shouldn't have been removed for making racist statements? However I notice from your profile that you live in New York, so tell me - if Seth had been making racist remarks concerning New Yorkers and the Twin Towers tragedy, would you have been equally happy for him to allowed to continue posting? Or do you think people should be allowed to make any racist remarks they like as long as those remarks don't affect you personally?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote