View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 06:43 PM   #16
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
Manners should be basically the same on a Discussion Board as in the Real World. You cannot hide behind the pseudo-anonymity on the net, because there are real persons behind each pseudonym. And every action of yours has consequenses, like rings on the water. So, in the words of the Good Book, don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you. You reap what you sow. It's as simple as that, really.

If you act mature, sensibly and polite, most people will treat you with courtesy and respect. If you act like a jerk, you get treated like a jerk. If you act like a kid, you get treated like a kid. Is that really so hard to understand?

Being unnecessary rude is bad manners. But a kid, who is constantly craving the attention of the grown-ups, is also regarded as really bad mannered, and also extremely irritating. And right now, Shao_long, that is the impression you are giving to me. A small kid, rolling on the floor, kicking and screaming, because it doesn't get its way. You should really try to listen to what people are trying to tell you, and STOP these meaningless threads. Close the subject. It lost all interest long ago to anybody but yourself.

As for Seth, I have occasionally enjoyed some of his posts in the past, but he was very rightfully banned for repeated racist slurs, and I fully support Synozeer's decision. Racial, sexual or religious slurs should NEVER be tolerated in any decent community. I would have banned him instantly, if he had said things like that in my mud.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote