View Single Post
Old 02-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #4
Jaregarde

Jaregarde is on a distinguished road
Hmm, true, I did notice the Vertani really only accused people who attacked innocent villagers, but another thing I noticed is that I can't really think of an IC reason why I would kill even an evil mob. I mean even though they are 'evil' and my character is good, I can't think of a reason why I would go to the mob's home and slay him/her, especially since there are virtually no mobs in Achaea that will attack adventurers unless the adventurers actually CHOOSE to go to dangerous places. But then again, I can see it must be balanced, for people would be pretty upset, I think, if vampires and goblins actually marched out of their dungeons and starting slaying innocent players.

But yes, I think the Vertani thing you're doing is pretty cool, especially since its forcing players, like you said, to think about their actions towards mobs and and to consider alliances with the villages. The new systems that have been added are nice too. The only other thing that I would worry about though is how many newbies were probably killed when the Vertani marched on Mhaldor and Ashtan...and it must have been frustrating also that totems and other player skills don't work on the Vertani(since they're mobs, technically)...but I think that if you want the Vertani to act as if they're real players then they should have the same vulnerabilities.
Jaregarde is offline   Reply With Quote