View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 03:50 PM   #10
dragon master

dragon master is on a distinguished road
I think you misunderstood me. I am in no way saying Carrion Fields has a small emphasis on the gameworld. I know it has a pretty large one. But, correct me if I'm wrong, it also tries to provide very strong gameplay with interesting PK situations, tactics for winning and stuff like that. I was saying that muds in general tend to focus more on gameplay then game world, using Carrion Fields as an example, showing that even in an RP mandatory game like CF, a very heavy emphasis on gameplay can be seen. I am in no way trying to say CF didn't put much detail into their gameworld, but rather trying to show that even RP muds (which are probably considered to be more strong in "gameworld" and lacking in "gameplay") can have a large focus on gameplay.

If the posters statement was true and gameworld was more often the focus than gameplay, you'd expect that in an RP mud like CF, there would be practically no focus on gameplay at all, which I was attempting to point out was obviously not the case. Therefore the original posters statement couldn't be true. From what I have seen of Carrion Fields, it looks like a very well created game and I did not mean to insult or downplay it's gameworld.
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote