Thread: Pbase Success?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 11:43 PM   #20
tresspassor

tresspassor is on a distinguished road
Great Idea!

With T-Shirts, one thing you could do is have a monthly award, a player-of-the-month. A player could be awarded on creating a great rp, bringing on a few lasting players, or just helping out a newbie. You could also throw in a few random drawings just so people don't feel left out.

Overall, I think this could be beneficial. If your players are having fun they will want to get more people on there regardless of the t-shirt. And you could still use that campaign to promote other useful activities (helping newbies, rp, etc), as well as getting new players.

One solution is to clearly define the rules. Don't spam on another mud, don't spam on any discussion forum, if you do you won't get your t-shirt.

I've had this happen to me, I think it happens on almost every mud. A player wants to help and they log into a mud to advertise. IMO it isn't a big deal, I just log into the mud and give the owner a heads up with the IP and that's it.

I've also had to deal with the reverse where players were advertising on other games, so I apologized and dealt with the problem. To me, it is just one of those things that can happen no matter if you ask your players to advertise or don't ask them to advertise.

As long as you are clear about important issues like that you shouldn't have any problems.
tresspassor is offline   Reply With Quote