View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
The Nihilist

The Nihilist is on a distinguished road
Re: Help me find a mud that suits me

hi-

i play on a game called Medieval Times MUD and have been there for many years now. looking at your post i feel that you might enjoy checking it out if you havent already found a home.

Requirments:
- A decent playerbase. It doesn't have to be like Aardwolf, but if the playerbase is so low that it causes problems in the game, it's not for me.

* we dont have a large player base but it does not hinder game play and everyone is always willing to help out.

- A good playerkiller system. Free-for-all is fine with me as long as it's backed up by cool code.

* playerkilling is totally optional, but once you decide to participate there is no turning back.

- Something to do for new players. I once found a mud that seemed perfect apart from the fact that everybody was max level with the best possible equipment, leaving the (very rare) new players to basically solo themselves all the way up to a point where they weren't ignored by the rest of the playerbase.

* there are often a variety of levels logged on and even the older players make new characters all the time, i dont think you will be ignored. an auto quest system has been started that has options for new players and the equipment has level restrictions so it is always a challenge to find the best set for your level.

- As little as possible of: staff favoritism, elitist attitude, immature playerbase, griefers.

* no staff favoritism, we are all equals, a little immature (it is a game after all), not too many griefers.

- Must be completely free to play, with no in-game benefits for "donations".

* MT is always free, no donations.

- NOT roleplay enforced. I play on an RPI when I want that, I'm just looking for a hack'n'slash mud on the side.

* we really dont do roleplay.

Preferences (not required):
- A reasonable selection of class and race choices. By reasonable I mean more than one or two, but less than thirty. Few things deter me more than a screen full of race options where they only differ by name and two stat points.

* we have a great race and class selection, something for everyone. if you want to hack and slash or cast spells, maybe a little of both, its totally up to you.

- Moderate progression difficulty. I don't want to reach max level in 3 days, but I don't want to spend 2 years doing it either. Same goes for equipment.

* it takes some work to get where you want to be, but i dont think its unreasonable.

- Medieval fantasy setting prefered, although I'm open to trying other themes if the game is good.

* i think the name says it all.

good luck with your search, if you want to come check us out at or just log on to timesmud.com:8500.

-Nihil
The Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote