View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #6
Telperion

Telperion is on a distinguished road
Re: Searching for a Tolkien MUD

I spent a good three hours pouring over the beginner's guides at SoI, and I have to say, I fell in love with the place. Being a professional programmer I have no problems with the kind of mechanics that SoI requires to operate: the system actually looked very intuitive and consistently good through-out the introductions.

I'm not a big grind-fan (can't stand MMORPGs), so at SoI I'm hoping to enter into a rich RPI world (heh, starting to pick up on the lingo) where I can start as a humble carpenter's apprentice and see where the environment takes me from there. If I want more-or-less brainless high-speed hack'n'slash action, I'll turn on my XBox.

As I'm writing this, I'm at the same time typing up the last few lines of background for my first-ever SoI character. The process seemed rather good, although at times I was left guessing a little as to where I should write more and where less. Hopefully I got everything right

It occurs to me that I should probably introduce myself properly to this community - seeing as how I plan on sticking around. To put it shortly: I'm an old-school pen & paper roleplayer since 1988, PC gamer since 1993 and console gamer since 2007.
Telperion is offline   Reply With Quote