View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 08:33 PM   #2
erdos

What was the point of posting that, besides pointing out that your crappy builders can't spell "monastery" and that your MUD is too cheap to care?
I know-- it's part of a revolutionary new MUD technology:  Why waste your own HD space to store roomdescs when you can store them at topmudsites.com and have your MUD temporarily download them when players enter the room?  Ingenius!
If you were trying to impress us, hoping that, like lemmings, we would drop our own MUD endeavors and come running to devote our lives to your miserable excuse for a MUD, perhaps you ought to have posted something unique to your MUD:  I hate to break it to you, but your radical "hey let's make it so when they enter a room they see a ROOM DESC!!!!!11!!!" idea is _not_ as original as you thought.
But, just to remain on topic, here is a roomdescription of my own.

The Wastelands of Sharune
A bleak, boring lanscape arises like a sore on the face of the world.  A frantic search for any form of intelligent life reveals naught.  The forlorn winds bring only the stench of wasted time, and the sky is alive with the flocks of carrion searching for adventurers who have perished from sheer boredom.  The awful still is pierced only by the periodic trumpet from the heavens, an incessant braying which endlessly repeats "GO VOTE FOR US AT TOPMUDSITES.COM AND WE'LL HAVE A DOUBLE EXPERIENCE DAY!!!!!!"  There is an almost tangible aura of gloom emanating from the very earth itself, filling all but the most steeled with the passionate desire to shoot themselves in the freaking face.
The Newbie MOB is standing here.  Say "level" to get free level spells, 20million coins, free advancement to level 30, and a full set of equipment.

Click for more.