Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Re: Looking for a MUD (tired of playing MMOs)

The challenge that I'm having in diagnosing your request is that you want an immersive world without grinding, but not RP-enforced. Most games that come to mind based on the majority of your requests would be level-less games and RPIs. However, I cannot think of a game that is immersive with a non-static world, has crafting, is anti-grind and is not RP Enforced or RP Intensive. Most RPIs allow for players to affect their world (even if it means burning down a village, etc), however they are always RP-focused.

If you were willing to take the learning curve and delve into RPIs or RPEs, I would suggest one of two major RPIs, Shadows of Isildur (Tolkien-themed) or Armageddon (Dune/Darksun-themed), or my own upcoming and anticipated release of Atonement (sci-fi/mystery-themed).

Otherwise, I'd suggest checking out 4Dimensions. If you don't mind a small playerbase, you'll at least find a really interesting gameworld there (with a lot of quests and puzzles) compared to other hack+slash style games.

If you want a lighter RP-focused game that allows for some player affect on the gameworld, you could also opt for NewWorlds or Threshold, though you would acquire levels as per most MMOs.

Last edited by DonathinFrye : 11-19-2009 at 12:12 PM.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote