View Single Post
Old 05-10-2002, 05:00 PM   #17
Tooloose

Tooloose is on a distinguished road
I think Falconer got it just right, if he's saying what I think. Don't create an evil character. Your guy isn't evil. He's just doing the right thing, that's all--and if you can't see that, he'll have to roast you alive. Nothing personal, but if you're against the guy doing the right thing, then _you're_ the one who's evil!

Same with the Jazuela (sp?) example. She's hunting down some rapist, responsible for all the horror of her life. This is a good thing. Now, if you get in her way, maybe she'll cut out your liver ... but that's only because you got in the way of her noble quest. You do that, you're no better than an accomplice to the vile one she's hunting.

And did someone say 'go as far in your villany as you would in heroism?' I think that's imporant, too ... because they're the same thing, from your character's perspective. Maybe he knows that people will hate him for burning an orphanage full of innocent children ... but, dammit, he's a hero, and heros overcome adversity! So if that's what he's got to do to prevent the victory of the Rebel Army, then so be it. It's on the Rebel's hands. They should work in the slave mines like everyone else ... to further the glory of the Empire. I mean, it's -obvious-!
Tooloose is offline   Reply With Quote