View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 12:01 PM   #3
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

That sounds like alot of fun. Imagine a virus that infects souls, forcing them to wander the earth until they find an inanimate object to possess. Then this object inherits the behaviour of the infected soul -- perhaps players would be accosted by the aggressive bodyparts of a fallen enemy, or your sword might suddenly jump out of your hands and hop away, only to use it's pointed edge to infect more souls.

funkalicious: I think that'd be great fun! Say you walk into the room as a shield. And someone picks you up and takes you into battle. Just as the wayward adventurer engages a group of aggressive mobs, you leap out of his hands and hop away!

But one would expect soul-possessed objects to be more powerful than regular objects, making it worthwhile to seek out people of these races and forge a symbiosis. It could be like battling with a group, only with one person. Like Voltron.

I think such a thing would be pushing the limits of the multiple-type system that most muds use. That's why I advocate a single object-type system =).
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote