View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #23
Kirraxus

Name: Andrew
Home MUD: Achaea
Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Kirraxus is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Breeding grounds for RP?

Well, while it's resurrected and walking the Earth, let's make use of it.

Gotta say I started off with graphic games, I was told about some text based things, didn't like it. Went back to graphic games, my computer got too old for graphics so I started playing Achaea. I was really confused about RP. I felt I was supposed to be myself except be a lizard... which didn't make sense. I eventually started understanding how to roleplay, and I find the more different my character is from myself, (within reason) the more I enjoy playing a character. In Achaea, the more I knew in game the more I wanted to play, however, the more I knew from the forums, the more held back I felt my RP was. I was listening to a Ustream with Jeremy Saunders (President of IRE) and he suggested to the Gods or the staff of IRE games not to read the forums, as it seems to be a place to rant about much they hated something. I'm currently in between games I guess you could say. I'm still trying to build Roleplay as I also build a slight mould for a character in IRE's Upcoming game Tears of Polaris. Already it has a quite in depth history and I enjoy posting there even though there's not much hype to try and interact with the staff for a bit of moral and a little excitement without too much pressure (though sometimes I may get a bit too excited.)

So I have a bit of a question: for those who Play a MUD with a forum as most do. Do you feel your roleplay experience is better when you do post/lurk or when you you stay completely away from anything that could cross over the IC OOC line (Forums, Metagaming IRC, OOC channel)s?

Edit: Tried to clarify a couple of things.
Kirraxus is offline   Reply With Quote