View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Cataclysm Burnout: Gotta love it! :)

I dont agree with the original comments to be honest. If you think about it logically, whenever any games adds new content its pretty much the same. In a mud you add new locations, and new mobs.. why is WoW any different?

This last expansion actually added a lot, completely new way of approaching zones with massive use of instancing, new races, an underwater area and they completely revamped all the old content. Much bigger health pools led to much more interesting PvP.

WoW will eventually shrink and lose the top slot to be sure, but to me, the killer is going to be highly destructive inbalancing by a dev team who dont seem to listen to anybody, also a complete lack of any real challenge in anything other that PvP. I dont understand the point of having a test realm when nothing is changed due to player feedback.

Also, the complete lack of any need to be polite / courteous of other players due to the dungeon finder etc means the attitudes of the playerbase is degrading at a horrific rate.

A lot of the top players who I follow have moved onto RIFT, which has massive customisability.. even if it steals little bits from every other MMO in existance.

However time will tell, and if MUD numbers do grow a little as people leave WoW this can only be a good thing.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote