View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 05:59 AM   #14
Qud

Qud is on a distinguished road
I have yet to make a non-heterosexual character in either my current MUD (Armageddon) or my previous RP MUD, though I know what to expect.

Armageddon is unusually free and loose about sexuality, really, at least in my experience. Though I haven't heard of this happening yet, it's perfectly possible to hire a prostitute for another character, so...yeah.
As in probably any other MUD, male homosexuality is much rarer than lesbianism in Armageddon, but neither are looked down on.

Back in my old RP, I once saw a male homosexual couple. Personally (OOCly) I had nothing against that, but ICly the combination of the ignorance of my character and the general theme of the game did lead me to haze them about it In-Game. OOCly, I strongly believe that they were not offended.

Anyway, playing a character with any sexual tendency or perversion is completely acceptable as long as they are being played realistically. If your character has some weird fetishes in-game, expect to receive odd looks in-game if the game theme would merit that. Roleplay MUDs are a communal effort and not anyone's personal sandbox.
Qud is offline   Reply With Quote