View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 12:24 PM   #52
solefly

solefly is on a distinguished road
I'm not entirely sure what the focus of this thread was in it's conception, but it's quite clear that that focus has been lost.. Exactly what is it that we need be concerned with at this point?  

Are we debating whether or not Aardwolf should be listed on TMS?
If so I would have to assume by the initial post that someone has had a meeting with a representative of the DIKU team and someone with proper qualifications to determine that Aardwolf is indeed violating the license.  If this is not the case we are open to speculate all day as to what the intents of the authors are/were, what the license allows/disallows and furthermore whether or not Aardwolf has/hasn’t violated a license..  Also I do find it necessary to question your convictions due to the fact that YOU are posting that Aardwolf IS violating the license, yet in a following post you say,  So what are we to assume the point of the original post is?  Why did you start this thread?

Are we to debate regarding the legalities of accepting donations?  Are we debating in game rewards? Or are we discussing the inconsistencies and loopholes within the text of the license itself?  If so I would assume that these questions have already been clearly answered in a number of other threads pertaining to the license.  I know that I’ve read through at least four of them on this site and came to the conclusion that NO ONE knows what the license means..  I hate to have to put that right out in the open and it may mean a little less forum activity on the legal board, but you, I, Lasher, or Hephos do not have an answer for the above questions..  And it’s my understanding that the DIKU team apparently just does not care to take it up with the licensee’s and proper legal council..

Or finally are we now talking about Lashers new codebase?  If so I would suggest that we move the topic from legal..  I would assume that that would be much better suited on a dev board..