View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #1
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
I've been working on the design of a game now for quite a few months, ignoring the couple years of preliminary design that wasn't directed solely at the present setting.

I have held back on actually starting coding and building of the MUD until some of the details of the world design are finalized as well as for other more personal reason (ill health). However, when the project officially begins coding/building in the next month or two, I'd planned on an 18-24 month schedule to opening. I've been told that "anything longer than six months" would result in failure and personally I disagree. I'd rather take the time to actually build a comprehensive world (even if the entire thing is not built immediately, there should be sufficient content to represent the various elements players will want to encounter and would need to encounter to maintain the setting) with the greatest degree of reasonable quality rather than rush something out that's poorly-built or ill-designed.

What's everyone's thoughts on the "six month" rule someone listed to me and my own thoughts on scheduling? I'm interested in others' thoughts on the subject.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote