View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 02:09 PM   #33
MetaMAgus

MetaMAgus is on a distinguished road
I don't really have a problem with Achea because it's practices are necessarily against the rules, but rather because they are unethical on the whole. Now, what is unethical? Debate that ad nausem if you wish. But, I do consider what they are doing as bribery, which, in at least my, and I'd imagine any non-Machiavellian mind, is not something one should be doing. Here's the dictionary definition of bribe(the noun, not the verb):

Now, I'd consider experience as a 'something', and it is definitely offered to influence someone that is in a position of trust's (anyone who votes here is trusted to vote for the product that they consider a Top Mud) conduct (in this case voting) to doing something they may otherwise not do were it not offered.

Perhaps it is not explicitly against the rules, but that doesn't make it right. Perhaps it's not explicitly wrong, but perhaps it should be.

If someone wishes to condone, or even defend bribery, that's their thing, but come on, at least just call it what it is.

~Meta~