Thread: Player Ratings
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 03:36 PM   #1
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Administrators: If you had the ability to review your players for the greater mud community, both for praising the excellent ones and decrying the bad ones, with a text box for comments about the player, would you participate? This is under the assumption that there would be some way to keep track of players, which obviously at this time is severely limited.

I'm coming off of a situation with a player in which the player exhibited great rp skills but had a real problem with social skills, and was a real rules lawyer. Eventually, his leeway ran out, and his character ended up dying. I attempted to argue his side more than once in the administration, and he was given a multitude of second chances after extremely @$$holish behavior, because of his drive and RP ability. But after he died, he proceeded to decry the administration in a loud and raucous fashion across the channels.

I admit, I should have tougher skin by now, being an administrator. But every so often, I get the urge to be able to rate some of our players, and it was specifically mentioned by someone else on the administration channel after the person left. Often, it's the tradeoff ones like this one that most inspire this in me, because they might be more wanted/better tolerated elsewhere. It's a shame that his rp talent is put to waste, but maybe there's a place that would be more willing to put up with his shenanigans in return for his rp. And maybe they'd be willing to recruit this guy. Reverse that, and there might be players on other games that might fit better with our administration and needs. It's like finding puppies good homes. Seems like a good idea to me, but I'd like to hear your opinions.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote