View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 10:45 PM   #121
Hajamin

Hajamin is on a distinguished road
Personally, I would prefer to have the option to walk, than have to pay to even be able to walk.

There are basically three types of mud:

100% free mud

This type generally doesn't have the money to advertise, and many are the same stock you can get anywhere. Though there are some extremely good ones out there.

Pay to play mud

This one requires you pay them some amount of money every month(normally), just to play the game. They do have the money to advertise, and one would expect that they also tend to offer more than a stock game would. In addition the admin would be expected, but aren't always, to be more professional in their treatment of players.

Pay for perks mud

This one can be played completely free, but offers bonus for spending money. A well made one offers some in game way to get anything that one could buy for money. These also have the money to advertise, and one would expect more of their administration.

When I want to play, I like a dynamic world, with many players and fair administration. I don't like the idea of having to pay every month just to keep my character. Looking at those three types, Pay for Perks fits what I'm looking for. There might be a few 100% free muds out there that can do that, but when I looked they weren't something I wanted. Nothing against them, just not what I was looking for.

The choice is up to the players, but a pay for perks game is in the middle. They are commercial, but can be played without spending money.
Hajamin is offline   Reply With Quote