View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 10:53 PM   #10
Venomz

Name: Donovan
Home MUD: Armageddon
Venomz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Venomz Send a message via AIM to Venomz Send a message via MSN to Venomz Send a message via Yahoo to Venomz
I'm forced to suggest Armageddon, probably because this is where I spend most of my waking, non-working hours.

Put simply, Armageddon contains the harshest world, the richest history, the most tantalizing and well-crafted storylines, and the longest, most lauded history among roleplaying games today. Despite the fact that there are classes, there is no true competition in the world of RPI muds. And beleive me, this is a RPI mud. There are no OOC channels, no rebirth...nothing but stark realism.

The emote system is unmatched by anything out there, and the tool given you for the purpose of roleplay are also unmatched. From the grubbiest commoner to the richest Noble, life is hard, even in game terms. You can starve or dehydrate...you can die to the fauna or hunt them intelligently.

While I do hesitate to say this for fear of appearing deriding, Armageddon contains the ultimate roleplay experience. While the other muds noted above have merit, they simply cannot profess to be on Armageddon's level as far as in-character quality. This is not to demerit SoI or TP. This is to say, in this player's opinion, that they simply cannot compete with Armageddon's history, roleplaying features, or sheer addictiveness.

In the forums, the players regularly engage in debates concerning the world at large. Reading through the posts, one thing becomes very apparent. We truly live in the world while we are online. Recent topics have included such subject matters as sandstorms, the mentality of muls, the racial hatred between the world's various species, and the validity of half-giant combative features. Put simply, it becomes apparent that the players almost breath this world.

We regularly boast 60-80 players during peak hours. Drop by .
Venomz is offline   Reply With Quote