View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 05:44 AM   #1
Savitri

Savitri is on a distinguished road
Angry

Our mud has quite a few original areas but nobody really thought to replace the old stock areas or to remove it.  I’ve decided to start a campaign to remove the stock areas now after so many years since half of them don’t fit into the mud and the other half is just a waste of space.

Now I’ve asked the question on our forum about which areas should be replaced first since there are so many stock areas that were left.

I’m thinking of replacing the stock areas with same themed areas so that some of the players don’t feel completely alienated, e.g. Replace The Shire with a new shire but completely custom.  The problem comes in that certain areas don’t quite fit into the medieval fantasy theme.  Now my question to all of you.  What do you classify as medieval fantasy? E.g. Smurfville according to me don’t fit really into that theme.  Do you suggest that areas such as e.g. Smurfville get replaced with a totally new area – different theme or try to make it fit into the theme of the mud as much as possible?

PS Smurfville is just one example that I'm using - there are others.
Savitri is offline   Reply With Quote