View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 12:01 PM   #6
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Unfortunately, much of the magick system in Armageddon is "In-character Info" and we'd get bludgeoned to death if we posted anything too specific here.

I'll say though, that there definitely are consequences to spellcasting in Arm, up to and including overload and backfire, which can result in permanent death of the character. I actually heard about one mage who was going about his business and spontaneously acquired a new spell on his spell list - which some how or another casted itself without any prompting from the mage. He ended up transported to nowhere, and disappeared from the face of the earth forever. I have no idea if that's what really happened, but if it did, it's a pretty danged awesome drawback, heh.

I'll add another point, regarding a pay-to-play I used to play. GemstoneIII's magick system has an interesting drawback to using magick. If you have less than the amount of mana necessary to cast, and cast anyway, it results in damage in the form of scars (if I remember right) that prevent you from casting anything until you are sufficiently healed.

Think of it as a quirky coded version of a migraine headache.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote