Thread: Graphical Muds
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 02:08 PM   #9
kopf1988

kopf1988 is on a distinguished road
I started my game programming making a graphical mud. It was simple, using a tile based map such each point on an x,y coordinate system was linked to either grass, water, a tree, etc. Such as used in something like the GBA Zelda games. Everything was going well, I made the object-handling code, the server, and the client.... But then came the problems. For a while I couldn't figure out how to easily handle more than one user at a time. I thought I could make the main code, then do that later. It wasn't till it was too late that I realized I should have done that first.

Now that I have the core of my MUD to use, I plan to sometime in the future convert it into a Graphical MUD. It really wouldn't be too hard now(relatively speaking), but I just don't have the time to do all the converting. Also I'm not a very good graphical artist, so it takes me years to do things. That's just my experience making a graphical MUD. I really don't think it would be too hard, but I did make my MUD entirely on my own... so I know everything about it.
kopf1988 is offline   Reply With Quote