View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 12:30 PM   #33
hoop

hoop is on a distinguished road
Angry

Once again, some interesting points being brought up. I think we can agree on these points :

YES : Whether a mud is P2P or not is just as important as the speed, PK or no PK, and other important aspects of a game that would help you decide to play it or not.

YES: Someone along the way decided what was important enough to see listed on the info screen. So now we can see how many average players there are online, how long the mud has been up for, and whether it is PK or no PK.

YES: I would agree that it would be wrong or sneaky of a game to NOT list it was $$ somewhere on their info / web site page. Somewhere early enough that it wouldn't take you 5 clicks, or 10minutes of investigation to find out if you need to pay or not.

SO :
How do we go about letting TMS know that we would like the P2P issue looked into further? How do I bring this up to the TMS staff to try and decide whether to add a $ or not?

Isn't there some way we can do a Poll, or something like it, asking the common visitor to TMS what they would like to see? Maybe we could add more than one slot - not just the P2P slot, but the slot that shows the average connection speed, or other things that are missing from the Info page (maybe things we haven't thought of here?)

Can the moderator of this group somehow escalate the issue higher, or would it take some form of Divine Intervention to get something like that added to the Info screen?

Whether you like P2P or not, the current poll on TMS shows that it is about 50/50 - 50% of the people have paid to play a mud, and 50% have never paid to play a mud. Wouldn't that mean that at least hundreds (if not thousands) of people WANT to know if its P2P or not?

Hoop
hoop is offline   Reply With Quote