View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #20
cuiorne

cuiorne is on a distinguished road
Re: Are you experienced?

Grins - Yes I have to say I'm a bit experienced.
Back in I believe was right before Thanksgiving 1985 while I was on GENIE - I stumbled across a ad for a free week on FED - Federation. Curious I stopped in never having RP'ed before and wondering what this Federation could possibly be about. By the time the free week was over I was addicted Spent some time (to the tune of $300 a month) on Federation until it moved to AOL.

When Fed moved a few of us 'found' a Mud that was just getting started. I think it was GemStone but hey that was years ago so could be wrong. Anyway played there for awhile, from there went to Medieva for awhile. But I missed the Role Play aspects.

From there went to a start up Mush that had a very small player base and had a great time. For reasons I do not remember the creator of that Mush decided to pull the plug. Went through a few other Mush'es to include Castle D'Image, Elendor and places that no longer exist.

Took a break from mushing as RL was just too busy, then picked up one of Jordan's Wheel of Time books - read as I recall the three he had out at that time and thought "wow that would be great to RP in!" Went looking around and found Daes Daemar Mush - had a wonderful time there, than went to Cuen for a bit, than to Patternfall (Amber theme). RL stepped in once again and had to step away from mushing. By the time I was able to get back - all the folks I had rp'ed with had moved on.

Somehow got involved )player, admin, wiz) with a few start up mushes that never made it. Took a break from mushing again. Within the last few years got involved with Elendor (after all the LOTR movies had come out - so missed the huge numbers on Elendor) , moved from there to a original medieval genre mush and from there to Castle D'Image.

Last year a few of us decided to open our own mush. We came up with a medieval genre, original theme which drew from the collective experiences of 6 very creative individuals.

It was finally opened in late Jan 08. We did have some great RP, but for a number of reasons - staff RL, theme issues, summer slowdown (the small player base we had all seemed to go on vacation in late May) - Mid summer decided to place the game in hiatus to reqroup and redo. Grins If anyone is interested - email me at or stop in at anwethia.mushpark.com 3498 -( I really have NO idea when the game will re-open, depends on how quickly I can get the theme files done and have a staff in place)

Why Mush? I really enjoy having a character come alive, the cooperative storytelling, the creativity of Mushing.
cuiorne is offline   Reply With Quote