View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
paul1229

paul1229 is on a distinguished road
Return to Mudding

Hello, my name is Paul. Finally after 2 weeks I am validated and able to post. Thought it was a 30 second process, guess not. Anyway, I'm here to introduce myself to the mud community and also hoping to find a mud to call home.
I've played everything from WoW, runescape to D3 to Browser Based MMORPG. Those are all fun and stuff, but my heart still lies with MUD. Still looking through mudconnector/topmud for muds from time to time, but never really wanted to commit. I don't expect a red carpet, but if someone can introduce me to a mud and help me through the first hour (most crucial time frame where players either continue or quit) it will do me a huge favor. I'm not a big fan of HUGE pbase muds (200+) but rather have 20-80 players average is good enough. Anything with 3-6 players here or there, I won't be much interested in. Few other features I would love to have but not really a MUST. Just reference to narrow it down.

Levels - i love leveling, love the grind.

PvP - Not all out pvp though (godwars). Clan, Guilds, Religions, Race, etc. Something with a theme, rp, not just hack and slash muds.

Clans - some type of clans/guilds, etc is always fun. Personalities vary and I feel clans/guilds unite those with similiar personality.

RP - I don't hate rp, kinda prefer it. TBH even now I'm not even sure where I stand. But I do find most good muds require RP. I can do it well, just need to learn/read the theme.

Pbase - Muds can be great, but players make the mud. No way of denying that. A strong pbase with diverse players is always great. No specific number, but anything average 15+ will do. Nothing higher than 100.

Theme - I'm up for just about anything. But medieval theme is still my favorite. Cyber/Space/Starwars is fine as well.

Imms - Lastly, a good strong, dedicated staff is always a plus. Would hate immature, hotheaded imms who build ego rather than muds.

Thanks for reading this post. Hopefully your mud is what I've been looking for. (i need one bad to pass time)

Last edited by paul1229 : 07-18-2012 at 12:06 AM.
paul1229 is offline   Reply With Quote