View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 08:39 PM   #2
Atyreus

Home MUD: The Dreaming City
Atyreus is on a distinguished road
In my travels, I have stumbled upon numerous muds that reward your character for your lack of a real life. As anyone with a job can figure, the people with more time to waste end up better off in-game.

Since this has come up a few times in the past, I would assume that there are some people who would feel they were well-served by such classifications. Myself, I'd probably feel better served by classifications that, say, let me summarily distinguish muds with stale, boring, hackneyed themes and tired game mechanics from those muds without. Or, a classification for muds that claim to be highly modified but are in fact nothing more than a stock dikurivative with the latest kewl snippets pasted in.

I think it's main effect would probably be to spawn all sorts of posts along the lines of "Those fraudulent jerks at Mud X claims to be payment category III, but once you play there for a while you realize that they are really a payment category I or II mud. TMS should revoke their listing!!!!!!!"

Edited to remove extraneous quote.
Atyreus is offline   Reply With Quote