View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 03:04 AM   #59
Silrathi

Silrathi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Silrathi
Okay right off the back to settle a point from way back... Libya does not chair the UN Commission on Human Rights.  In fact they aren't even ON the commission!  

Since you all followed the link to the UN website, you may as well discover for yourself a little bit about

As for Idi Amin... I thought I heard he died a year ago, but regardless, he misdoubt he was in Riaad as the Saudi government restricts him to Mecca

The US declared war on the British, not just to start off the War of Independance (which doesn't count because we weren't a 'nation' at that point) but also to kick off the War of 1812, sometimes called ' and occasionally 'Mr Madison's War'.  Largely however it was a war of imperialism, revealing US designs on both Florida (then held by Spain) and Canada.

Who else needs to be debunked?  Oh yes... lest we forget - Delerak.  No, I'm not going to lambast you with the fallacy of your argument, others have done that sufficiently already.  Instead I'm going to berate you for failing to rise to the challenge of your country.

Right now, before anyone convinces themselves that I am in favor of the war in Iraq, or imperialism in any guise (including that of technology manufacturer), let me state wholeheartedly and for the record that I am not.  If President Bush recieves any more than one single vote next year, I will consider it a personal failure.  It is my goal to expose the evil bastard so completely that even his wife is afraid to vote for him.

Now that said, it is also important to know that I very much love my country... it is the government that I fear.  As a citizen of the US, it is my duty to call attention to the flaws in the system.  To work to enact, elect and support the programs or people that work for me.  Also to reject the programs and people that work towards ideals I do not support.  

I believe that Bush, in furtherance of a long standing US policy, has sparked the war that my children will fight for us, and my grand children may well die from.  I have frequently considered emigrating to a nation where I might cower in safety for a generation or two.

I must however reject this notion in favor of standing up for what is right - what must happen if we are to salvage some kind of freedom for our grand children.  The way of results in nothing but global slavery, the roll back of all the advancements of civilization that democracy purports to have created.  Imperialism ultimately failed the Romans and the Egyptians, but not until thousands of years of slavery and excess finally collapsed against the force of outside pressures.

So, Delerak, for gods sake quit simpering in your beer about how scary the world is out there and DO something to affect it.  Refusing to stand against oppression is to support and perpetuate oppression.  

Silrathi

Just to add a bit more discusses our motives and goals in wars of the past.

Sil
Silrathi is offline   Reply With Quote