Thread: Gay rights?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #37
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Well, time doesn't necessarily exist now.  There is an inner time that scientists like to call "soul-time" which is an internal sense of something passing.  Humans can sense the passing of moments, and can recollect past moments, but that isn't really time.  There is also external time, which is time on a clock, not necessarily time but a measurement of the hand going around the clock.  The time we think of as "before" isn't really "before" but a "now" trillions of "nows" ago.  Many scientists have asked "what is time?" and "how long is a now?" but we will never have an answer.  There is no way to measure something that isn't actually a force or anything physical.  Time is more mysterious than a black hole, in that it is a force, but then again, it isn't a force.  It is nothing that is quantifiable in physical terms, but can only be thought of.  I don't think we'll ever know what time is, but we'll just keep measuring the hands going around the clock face and forget about it.  I also believe the common theory about the bang is that there was a large ball of energy in the center of what is now the universe, and it blew up.  It melted all the forces together and then when it cooled down we gained the four forces of gravity, electromagnetism, the weak force, and one more that I can't think of right now.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote