View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 05:51 AM   #2
Grey

Grey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Grey Send a message via MSN to Grey
Cool

I think opinions are greyt to have. Personally, I'm widely dislike on a number of MUDs for having opinions and utilizing things like discussion boards. When you have something like a large site with various forums, you're going to always have a few flamers and things who don't like what you're posting. I think instead of following up posts with standpoints against previous points (unless asked in previous posts), you should simply state your views.
These forums are here for our enjoyment, we don't pay for them or anything so we should not take advantage of it without helping to regulate them a little as well. Moderators can only catch so much. Regular go'ers like Seth and Shao_Long are perfect examples of guys who hit the forums daily and know what's going on. I check in here once every few days and I appreciate the opinions people have to a greyt degree. No one person is to blame ever, but the group will always take the fall.
Fact remains, manners are needed in all forums, even the flame forums. No one should be restricted access because they have an opinion. There are players on my MUD who hate me, but that doesn't mean I can remove them; I allow them the liberty to play if they want, it's just some words, albeit some ring truer and stronger than others.
I don't think anyone is evil Shao, I think you guys have good opinions and there is always a place and a time to share it. Sometimes people go overboard and it happens. Well, that's my opinion anyway. I'm a big supported of free speech and action. Deal with it.

~Grey (frozen)
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote