View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 09:19 AM   #14
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Actually, I've already added substance to this thread. While my opinion is independent of the one posted by the_logos, it's at least partially concordant. However, it's worth pointing out that while a AAA-type game can be constrained by large-scale market forces (such as pleasing Wal-Mart, etc.), commercial games like IRE runs are also subject to their own set of market forces which change their content in the same direction, to a different magnitude. As I pointed out, it's still very much to their advantage to not take chances, which is why much of their content is, in my opinion, derivative. This doesn't inhibit their success any more than it inhibits the success of TGIF. But it does make them a different beast than a lot of the games discussed on TMS.

After all, why else is the_logos bringing his original post to TMS, if not to discuss it with the broader MUD community? (I know the answer, but humor me.) If he brings such content here, don't be surprised when that community joins the discussion.

In contrast, you've continued with your usual- three 1-2 line posts attacking posters who disagree with him for any reason. All it has done for me is to harden your reputation as his yes-man. Please don't occupy your time any further with my "knee jerk" "trolling" of "jealousy" then- the_logos is capable of discussing his own opinions, and I'm sure you have boot polish to buy.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote