View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 08:02 PM   #4
smadronia

smadronia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smadronia
I tend to wander through the areas as they're being worked on, to see what kinds of progress are being made. I usually do this after the imm as logged off, so they don't feel that I'm breathing down their neck. If they're not making progress, or their progress consistes of 1 empty room in the last two weeks, I try to be subtle. My fiancee or I will ask them how they're area is going, if they need any help, do they have a projected date to be done with it, etc etc. Sometimes it helps, they'll work more on the area.

Usually it doesn't help though, and that's when I use a note system. I require all builders to write me a note with an update on their area, about how done they feel they are, any problems they've en****ered, and a finish date that's as accurate as they can give me. If they don't write me a note, I pull their security until they do.

Usually by the time I've resorted to getting a note from them, I've pretty much figured out they're not going to build. Pulling their security does nothing really, but if they're at the point they can't even write a note, I usually tell them it's not working and fire them.

Right now I have a guy who's been an imm for 2.5 months who's not building. He has a 60 room area and has 12 rooms done, 8 of those with the same description. He sent me a note saying it'll take another 4 months to get the area done. I'm patient, but 6 months to do 60 rooms is not acceptable to me, especially when this guy logs 5 hours a week on the mud, although most of it is idling. This to me is most definitly slacking off, the room descriptions are the bare minimum, which tells me he's not investing lots of time to do it right.
smadronia is offline   Reply With Quote