View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
Brianna

Brianna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Brianna Send a message via MSN to Brianna Send a message via Yahoo to Brianna
I am posing this question on why people who play muds fail to look at them objectively?
I am speaking of the recent string of Reviews for Frozen Tears. I mean 6 reviews in less than 15 minutes all gushing with how great it is. I will say that I know several of the imms there, I have worked with them in the past but I have not logged in to check out the game. Most of the reviews either slander the mud or gush with how great it is. Where is the objectivity that is needed for a honest review?

A review points out not only the good points but the bad as well. I am glad they have supporters but even long standing muds have both good points and areas that need work.  Is it too much to ask for people to look at both sides when doing a review. When a review is all positive or all negative it serves no purpose and is a waste of disk space.

I think when admins of muds encourage their players to submit reviews they should also encourage them to indicate areas where they need work.  Constructive criticism is not a bad thing, it will help the staff improve the mud, as well as expand on the areas that are considered strengths.

Just my thoughts, what do you all think?
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote