View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 04:47 PM   #14
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Molly, there you go again.

I see you're out of the woodwork again to make personal attacks against me when yet again my "crime" is simply expressing my opinion.

The "business" of mine is that I am a reader of these forums and the constant flame wars caused by the player reviews is a major reason these forums are crap. Frequently, arguments about player reviews make up 50% or more of the total forum traffic. They drown out any possible hope of VALUABLE discussions.

If you actually read what I wrote instead of just jumping to your own conclusions, you'd know that was my point. Thus, as a reader of the forum it is just as much "my business" as it is the business of any other reader.

Again, I invite you to actually read what I wrote. I didn't say a single thing about whether it is good or bad when someone gets a bad review.

The problem I discussed was the fact that the worthless player reviews spill over into the forums and make the forums worthless as well.

Guess what. I do ignore the threads. So do tons of other people. Ignoring threads becomes contagious. Once you're in the habit of ignoring threads, you start ignoring the whole forum. What's the end result of that? A totally dead forum. Congratulations, I hope you're happy.

Try looking in the mirror Molly.

You're the one arguing that I shouldn't even be allowed to post my suggestion for what would make the site better.

If you understood anything about marketing, you'd know that what I am arguing for is not something that would benefit me.

Threshold is an advertiser and is always in the top 4. Thus, every person who pops over to TMS to either post a review or read a review sees Threshold mentioned at least once, and most likely more than once. That increases the odds that they'll try it out, even if they had no intention of trying a new mud.

To an advertiser and to muds in the top slots, traffic = potential sales.

The only reason I have raised the suggestion of getting rid of player reviews entirely is because I feel it would improve the quality of the forum. I suggest this despite the fact that the current status quo is actually better for me personally.

You'd do well to stop and think (and read) before you go attacking people. Perhaps your assumptions about their motives are completely off the mark.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote