View Single Post
Old 05-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #20
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
No holes, just ideas and extremities....

If you set it as defined by Kavir, where they increase the strength after losing resources and to protect themselves, a guild could result in guerilla tatics to shorten the cycle.  If the needs are First and foremost food, and then defense.  by attacking the food, the need for defense will be increased...  the players are influencing the cycle.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply that stronger mobs were bad.  But imagine this scenario, a guild finds a settlement of goblins, with an ample source of coal and iron, and little food.  The guild boxes in the settlement, raids the only food supply and cuts off the food.  The goblins start raiding the players, sending out armed warriors.  After not defeating the players the mobs send out more 'feelers' looking for more food sources.  The Guild kills the feelers.  This time stronger armed goblins hunt the guild.  While the hunt is going on, the players 'drop' food in the settlement.  While the guild keeps the mobs from having a food resource, but still feeding the settlement, the settlement will be sending out stronger goblins.  or is that not the way people have been proposing the system?

Yes, but I'm looking at the settlements full of goblins or other mobiles, not nessicarily player settlements.  Not every settlement can be a hometown, or if they are, of importance, to protect.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote