Thread: Episode II
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 03:54 AM   #15
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
ROFL. Now we get the wild assumptions post. You're going to have to do a lot better before you (or any words displayed on a computer screen, for that matter) hurt my feelings.

Yeah, that has been pretty obvious for a while now.

Well, it's the first time anyone calls me a star wars master, but hey, thanks anyway.

Agrument? Is this a kind of vegetable?
Look, if you missed all the parts where I explained what I didn't like in the movie, you must be either blind or a mere troll. Hint: re-read my posts on the subject.

What bandwagon? I went to the theatre, watched the movie, and was deeply disappointed. Is there a "hate AOTC" club somewhere? In that case I must have missed it. Further, IIRC, I was the first on these boards to post a negative review of the flick, so if there was a bandwagon, I'd be the driver, thank you.

Why should I? I didn't like it. You're the diehard defender of AOTC here, not me. How about you telling what you found so great for a change?
Hey, everytime one confronts you with an argument, you keep going "I admit such and such wasn't that good". Who's being irrational here?

Good for you, mate.

Are you a mind reader, too? What leads you to assume I read any book of the Expanded Universe at all?
The reason I hated this movie so much is because I was disappointed by it, period. As a matter of fact, I didn't have any grand expectations about the storyline itself, Lucas made it clear years ago that the story was his to unfold, and he didn't give a damn about the add-on books.

You must confuse me with another poster, I never even mentionned Fett in any of my posts so far. Actually, the Fett subplot didn't disturb me in the least.

As a matter of fact, I think you got that one wrong. I don't believe the ST are clones. Conscription and a strongly militarized galaxy make far more sense for a tyrant like the emperor: it gives lot of people something to do, it propels the economy, it forms a cohesive body around the millions of planets and it deprives any possible rebellious tendencies in the core worlds from valuable hotheads. Nothing in the movies confirm or contradict this opinion, but I think it makes more sense than a clone army.
Further, there's only so many clones you can grow and support at any time. They needed 10 years to grow just 200k of them, how long would it take and cost to make just the estimated 30+ Million populating the first death star? Plus all the millions for the star destroyers?
Conscription is cheaper and better for the imperial regime, IMO.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote