View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
Brawndel

Brawndel is on a distinguished road
Hey guys! I have been working on creating a mud of my own for a while now... but I have to say that it gets old after a while. My reasoning for creating a mud stems from the fact that I can find no worthy muds to play. I take breaks off from coding etc when I can, and I would like a mud to fill my break time. I have been playing muds for around 10 years, and have triedmany many over the years! I find a decided flaw in all muds which I have come across, and I would appreciate your help in finding a world that I can call home for a while!

First of all, Roleplaying is ok, but I'm not the best at it, and there for I make mistakes. On a lot of muds I've played, I have been "told off" for going slightly out of char on accident. Now I can understand that people would like to stay (ic), and I don't mean to ruin it for them, but strict, harsh, roleplaying rules seem not to be so fun when they are enforced to a point that pushes people away.
Secondly, what attracts me most to a mud is a rich flavour of combat. I have been playing CarrionFields for a while... and though I think that the added skills added to different classes make for a fun environment, the combat is dull. You wound an orc with your chop, An orc misses you with his pierce, etc etc. Going in turn based round to round combat... which you can innitiate and walk away to grab a drink while waiting for your kill. I have also been playing GodWars2 for a while now, and while the combat is expertly coded, combat is the only thing that it has! No quests, no rp, just combat and pk... which gets old after a while.
Anyway, I guess what I am looking for is a mud with a rich world, deep combat, not so much relying on the rp to make things fun... but having enough other things on the mud to attract people.
I thank you in advance for your assistance!

Thank you kindly
Brawny
Brawndel is offline   Reply With Quote