View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 04:20 AM   #3
Hajamin

Hajamin is on a distinguished road
Have you looked at Lusternia? Besides many of the things on your list, we also have a lot to explore as well as kill, things you mentioned you get from your other games.

My list of Wants are as follows:

* Roleplayed required but not neccesarily intensive.

While not fully enforced, it is highly encouraged. Only thing inforced is not talking about RL things, and that ever annoying leet speak. Also names, but it is mainly our players that try to keep the poorly named people(like darkknight for example) are changed into something more appropriate for a roleplaying environment.

* The ability to progress/level/advance with out a total reliance on Combat/Bashing. Repetition is fine so long non-combat actions count increase the characters progression.

This is one of the things we pride ourselves in. We have influencing, which is simular to bashing but non-violent(ie, you dont' kill them). We also have tons of quests from the minor to the major ones, all of our major ones are dynamic and are slightly different each time you do it. Some of them, such as the comm quests, actually effect the games economy.

*Objective and FAIR staffers.

We go out of our way to make sure any problems are investigated and looked at from an objective point of view.

A while back there was a major bug abuse that quite a few players were part of, most of those that were caught and punished felt that they did deserve their punishment, and are still with us today. To me, that kind of reaction is a sign that things were done obejctively and fairly.

*Lore. Plotline. Storypoints. All of which the playerbase is expected to adhere to and which can be furthered by character actions.

One of the biggest comments we've had is the rich history that we have, which we strive to keep all editions and major events to adhere too.

*The option of playing a shamanistic/druidic character that is not a carbon copy from D&D. Or, at least such a character that is not forced to be a stereo typical flower child. I like my shamans/druids as much like Merlin/RL Historical Celts as possible.

We have two forest communes, Serenwilde is a "natural" forest and has Wiccan's, Druids and the Serenguard(warriors) as their main guilds. Glomdoring is the dark forest, with the same three types of guilds, but their skills and RP match the darker aspect of their forest.

* Storytelling. Not to be confused with RP. I want to play a character in story not a just stay IC.

Our story is the struggle of the communes versus the cities, as well as the light versus the taint. Most of our players adhere greatly to these different struggles which produces many good stories, battles and RP.

* Good natured, mature players/staff.

The staff are all mature, unfortunately I don't think anyone could say EVERY player in there game is the same. The majority of the players are mature, and those that are not tend to leave as most players will do thier best to NOT interact with them.

My list of Things to Be Avoided

*People who can't seperate game from RL. (I love storytelling but I even I know enough to put the book down.)

Some people do get pulled deeply into the story, and in the game the story is all that matters, there is no RL. The forums are another thing all together, where there players will give advice to anyone regardless of their IG status.

*HAXXORS. L33T.

Instant banning.

*Staying IC passed of as RP.

As I said above, staying IC is what we enforce, but most players stick to their RP on their own. Most people that don't have RP, have a hard time as other players tend to ignore them.

*Staff that argues with players. Players that argue with staff. Players that argue with players.

Staff should never argue with the players, players on the other hand will always argue if they feel they are right and someone else is wrong. These things, expcept in the RP of a mortal disagreeing with a God, are kept out of the game.

*MUDsex, RL sensibilites, OOC friendships brought in-game that violate Lore for no apparent purpose.

Most of our players are good at keeping their OOC relationships OOG.

*Grief players.

Every game will have these, but we do our best to limit the ways they can grief and try to speak to those that are seen as griefers to curb their actions. Thus far this approach seems to be working fairly well.

*Emotional Instability in staff or players.

As I've said before, you won't see such things in our Staff, players are people so you never know what you get.
Hajamin is offline   Reply With Quote