View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 04:11 AM   #8
Iluvatar

Iluvatar is on a distinguished road
Discrimination is a seriously sad word used to exclude some particular category of person or preference for a thing and it really relates to degree in my opinion. I dislike ham but I cooked it for the holidays and I discriminate against anything that contains ham. I dislike cheaters and I openly discriminate against them anywhere I find them.

When it comes to comes to mudding, we're all equal in how we display on the monitor regardless of all those small-minded, silly labels the world places on us. It's how a person behaves and comports themselves that dictates how we respect them and that has to have the most weight on a case-by-case basis.

I've had players freak about "oh, player X is gay, let's beat him up" or things relative to color but I've managed to consign them to senseless oblivion before it became a contagion.

With so many muds in the world, I expect there are some discriminatory ones and I've not personally found one. It doesn't matter, I would hate them and I promise they would hate me.

Hmm, I wonder if there's a Thelemic Order of the Golden Dawn mud?
Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote