View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #15
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Looking for MUD that allow bots

Botters are what made me quit playing Final Fantasy XI. I just couldn't beat the bots to the shop because I actually had to look at the time. Even with an alarm on, the bots would beat me to the shop and buy the best things. I couldn't even buy things I didn't want to make money off of. I would have to go to the auction house and pay for the marked up price. Bots also dominated the fishing to the point where I felt like I had to run a bot to compete. At that point, I just quit the game. There wasn't any point to ME actually playing. (I hear that they fought off the bots in the next few patches, but it was too late for me.)

However, I do respect what you're saying and what you're trying to do, Aeren. You respectfully asked for a MUD that encourages botting, and you're basically wanting to make something that can interact in a way that players cannot detect. To really accomplish something with that, you need actual players around to SEE how they interact. Unfortunately, games that have a lot of players for you to experiment with usually don't allow botting because most players don't like to interact with bots. (Bots are almost always more efficient than a player in whatever they're allowed to do besides role-playing, and when role-playing, bots are worse than the worst role-player. At least the worst role-player might make something interesting happen!)

Anyway, there's plenty of games that allow scripting, though. I could recommend several of those including MMOs. Some scripts are pretty freaking complicated. Would you be interested in that instead of botting?
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote