View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 01:06 AM   #21
Scorpcrys

Scorpcrys is on a distinguished road
Ok, we all agree it's about advertizing, but is it false advertizing?

I agree that the list, in its state now is going to depend on the number of people who play it, not how many times one person or a few people can push a button. If that's so, and it is about the number of people who play i'd like to know how many REAL people represent the number of votes they have. One hundred votes made by the same person doesn't have the credablity as say 5 votes made by 5 different people. Just my opinion. And i hope that everyone who sees this list is aware of how it is scored and the "tactics" used to get votes.

As for the quotes, the person who wrote the review at RPGplanet.com is not employeed by the company. Therefore RPGplanet.com did not say that quote ("The only MUD that still matters."). Do i blame them for advertizing? No. But they are cleary representing their product dishonestly.

As for the comment about Simutronics. Simutronics has actually asked people NOT to vote as often as they could. Not nagging people who are trying to RP in game with OCC requests to vote for their MUD. So please don't compare with the two.

A thought comes to mind when i saw exactly how the "blessing" worked. It seems to me that players who don't vote will be at a significant disadvantage to those who do. To me this do not appear to be encouragement, it pretty much forces you to vote if you want to stay ahead in the game.

Again slimy. People should choose to vote because they love the game, not because they are forced to.