View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #8
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: ArmageddonMUD - Murder, Corruption, Betrayal

Is it so terrible that new players are made aware that a game has (or has once had) problematic admins? I never experienced anything anywhere else quite like I did during my short time in Armageddon--and I recall that there's an independent forum specifically for venting about OOC problems caused or made worse by badge-heavy administrators, whether in the game or on the forum (and I've seen first-hand that the forum community is pretty bad). I don't know of any other MU* with an unofficial forum for the airing of grievances. Whether those grievances are real or exaggerated doesn't change the fact that it makes the game look bad if some people feel the need to have a safe place to talk about their issues.

Sure, people don't pay to play Armageddon (unless there's premium features that I don't recall), and playing there is a privilege, but that doesn't mean that the host of a party should treat his or her guests so callously if they are making a sincere effort to follow the rules.

When I look into a game for the first time, I want to know all about it, warts and all. I'm sure that many people who look at this thread and consider the game for the first time would want to know about the warts too.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote