View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Odd Raven

Home MUD: Arantha
Odd Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Odd Raven
Roleplay: Up for Reward?

So, I've always played MUDs that vaguely enforce roleplay -- but more-so by the players compliance than any work of the administration, which is how I feel it should be. It promotes a pleasant experience. I don't mind smashing stuff a bit mindlessly for a little while, nor do I mind a little PvP, though I'd rather get involved in an epic battle of diction rather than daggers (or what have you). Pretty much, I puddle around, act ICly, sometimes get involved and tangled toes topside in some worlds-wide event and that's about it. I've heard about the site several people saying that roleplay in and of itself should be the reward.

However, since discovering my current mud, , I've begun to contemplate the way things are done in that roleplay can be rewarded with valor that can be used for experience, money or what have you. Now, knowing a slew of characters that like to play pacifists and so on, who will not involve themselves in the normal 'levelling' methods or the general money-making methods, I have to say: I like this idea.

I'd also like to hear some more thoughts on it: Someone bite?
Odd Raven is offline   Reply With Quote