View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
Kenjar

Kenjar is on a distinguished road
Heh, I love how Armageddon is always suggested in these looking-for-a-certain-mud topics. Not that it shouldn't be, I just know that if I enter one the first reply will be one from them. Someday i'll post looking for a mud with "No levels, multiclassing, no classes, remorting, and level-based equipment" and you guys will be the first ones there. Just sayin'.

Anyone, i'll supply the much-needed 'This mud only fits some of your requirements but play it anyway' post. Try Age Of Reptiles. Why? Because we need more players. But really, there is tons of good RP (There are no global channels or tells, and you can't talk- it gets VERY interesting), it dosen't have any classes, and although there aren't too many players yet there are always a few on, and with the world at it's current size there is plenty of interaction. There are levels, but they play a smaller part than in most muds; skills are more important, although the hp from levels is a must.

Also, the combat is quite unique. Although the meat of it is like most other muds (Watch the battle scroll by while tossing in extra commands), enemies must be tracked down first, and even early on give a good fight. When wounded they will begin to flee, and you have to continue tracking and chasing them until they're dead. Even if you want to mainly rp, you'll still hunt enough to raise your levels (Unless you want to starve to death).

-Kenjar, signing out.
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote