View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 08:12 AM   #6
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
1) Doctors are scientists. Many doctors (including some hired by the Shindler family, but not all) agreed that Terri was in a vegetative state with no hope for recovery.

2) Terri was not in a coma. There isn't a single article I read, or TV show I watched, that even suggested that she was in a coma.

3) Michael most certainly COULD have divorced his wife if that was his wish. He chose not to, and instead spent fifteen years legally married to a living corpse, to make sure that he had exhausted EVERY possible avenue to help his wife recover.

4) Her parents *did* have custody of Terri, in their home, for a period of time. They rejected the custody and gave her back because they couldn't afford to maintain her anymore. The burden for supporting Terri financially fell on Michael, whatever insurance they had before it ran out, and Medicare (tax dollars).

The woman was dead for fifteen years, with only very limited synapses in her brain running her body organs. She had no cognizant thought at all. She didn't feel starvation or dehydration. She didn't feel anything at all. No discomfort, no pain, no muscle cramps, no sadness or joy, relief or sorrow, nuttin. She was a living corpse. Christians might be familiar with the term Necromancy. It's a sin. That's what they wanted to do with her. Animate a corpse. It's disgusting, and I'm glad Terri was finally allowed to be buried, which is something that should have happened over a decade ago.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote