View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #51
Gesslar

Home MUD: ThresholdRPG
Gesslar is on a distinguished road
Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

It's ok to not like things.

As one of the authors, I don't pretend that everything I write will appeal to everyone. That's ok, I am no megalomaniac, and I do try to adhere to the very specific message presented in the very brief video linked above (it's not exactly NSFW but it does contain a swear word, but not an egregious one).

What I do see, however, is that people seem to be taking a very [read: almost unbelievably] narrow stance on the topic. Where the article references "online social gaming" at large, this thread seems to have a great many "on my MUD where nobody talks to anybody OOC, this isn't a problem". It should go without saying that in a game where EVERYBODY is closeted, then it's not exactly going to be an issue, shouldn't it [read: duh]. So, let's talk about where this article is relevant, in games where people actually do interact beyond the blinders of IC-only games, that is to say, the majority of online social gaming, which would be truer to the context of this article.

Last edited by Gesslar : 04-23-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Gesslar is offline   Reply With Quote