View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road
Re: Games that already have everyone they want

What would you consider over the top? Because quite honestly, I'm starting to think anything over the top for you might be funny and interesting to me. I don't know why people have this stigma about 'Oh, that was too over the top'. Essentially, we are actors in a virtual world. There are very few times when we can sit and do nothing but readjust our clothing, look around at the people, and make a few words on the side - which is what a lot of new players do, hoping they'll get noticed and be thrown a bone. But as actors, we have to be doing something in each scene, we have to be providing the audience something to work with - not the other way around. This applies doubly so for any RPers trying to be noticed in the scene.

Coming in chased by a bar-maid, tripping into somebody, picking your nose, muttering to yourself - these are all natural things which the audience can work with, and they can fit within your character. There are a few actions which yes, can get annoyingly contrived, such as coming in crying, screaming, or anything really 'loud'.
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote