View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 12:06 PM   #18
Jenred

Jenred is on a distinguished road
I don't nescessarily mean the game has to be an RPI. But from most of the perspectives I got before writing it, people would rather play a well-developed, smooth, clean game with some form of storyline that they might be able to interact with and effectively change, then a stagnant world with 1000 levels and free pk, built from the same stock areas as all the other 1000 level open-pk muds out there.

So I was saying that those types of games probably won't do great in the long-run. Sure people might stop by for the 'check-out' factor, see what it is, but never really retain people. However if they took some steps in my conversion chain, (develop a story-line maybe, encourage role-playing through original areas, quests, reduction of ooc factors, etc.) it might actually start to retain players because they find something new, and fun in it as opposed to another game.

And yes they are just my opinions, open for discussion and criticism. Im not saying 'this is the way it is, and thats final.'. And there are ALWAYS exceptions to any statement. I'm sure there are more then a couple large pools of stagnant unoriginality with not even an ounce role-play in them that manage 100+ players.
Jenred is offline   Reply With Quote