View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: A Night of Etiquette

Well since you asked

Sentences and paragraphs, with some attempt at the appropriate punctuation, is appreciated. I'm not too anal about spelling since not everyone is a native English speaker. But again, some attempt at correct spelling is a good thing. "Chat-speek" should be outlawed from every media of writing in the known world, as far as I'm concerned.

Attempting to stay on topic is a good thing.

If you've made your point, and see that people have responded to it with a rousing disagree, you can try making it once or twice more in the thread. After that, just acknowledge that everyone thinks you're wrong, and go play in another thread. Saying the same thing over and over to prove a point that people already got the first few times makes you a troll, not an intelligent debater.

Don't **** off the mods, unless you genuinely don't care about getting warned or banned. And - if you -do- **** them off, and get warned or banned, don't come ****ing and moaning and griping in the forum about it. You knew it was coming, and you got what you asked for.

Keep PM conversations in PM, unless you have the other person's explicit permission to bring it here. If you do bring it here, include the entire PM and not just snippets; remember none of the rest of us can check back to verify if it's in or out of context.

Don't post in a thread that hasn't been used in two years, just to say "I agree!" for the purpose of getting your game link mentioned in your sig. That's called spamming.

Don't justify poor behavior by nitpicking the policies. Just because the policy doesn't explicitely say, "You may not threaten to find someone's house and mail-bomb them with exactly three hand grenades" doesn't mean you can threaten them that way and claim the policy didn't say you can't so therefore you can. The best way to prevent this sort of thing, is to pretend you are an adult who doesn't have anger-management issues. What would an adult who doesn't have anger-management issues do? Do that, instead.

Lastly, always laugh at my posts. Out loud. It's good for you, and your mom will be proud.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote