Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #44
Traveler

Traveler is on a distinguished road
I will just reiterate my previous point. Why does the common occurrence of one bad action lend legitimacy to the occurrence of another?

Do you really think it is okay for a 60-year-old man to engage in sexually explicit activity with a 13-year-old girl? Or, alternatively, vice versa? Why do we blame the parents but not the pervert who does not care if they are MUDsexing with a minor? Were you a parent would you think it was okay for a 25 year old to be talking dirty to your 15-year-old child just because they were pretending to be in a fantasy world?

As a parent, I can tell you I am on edge any time the kids are not in my sight (at school, at a friend’s house). Every crime show on TV as well as the evening news tells stories of how at the slightest moment of relaxed attention a tragedy can occur. Now, my kids are not old enough to have an interest in MUDs, but my concern does not end at my children.

Look at the recent exposes on MySpace. An unregulated avenue like a MUD would be a virtual world playground to some of these sickos.

I do not have an issue concerning MUDsex between consenting adults although I know nearly first hand how dangerous that can be. I do not like it because I think it adversely affects the RP of a MUD. That being said I do prefer adult only MUDs because mature storylines can be much more complex and thereby much more enjoyable for me as a gamer.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote